This quick and easy Raw Pesto Zoodles recipe is packed full of flavor and healthy nutrients. It's light - but surprisingly filling.
You will need the following items to make this recipe:
- Spiralizer - unless you buy pre-spiralized zucchini noodles, but I recommend making your own
- Blender - I recommend a high-speed blender by Vitamix
Raw Pesto Zoodles
- 3 medium zucchini - peeled
- 2 cups basil (or baby spinach or baby kale)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 date - pitted
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan cooking salt
- 1 lemon - juiced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into spaghetti-sized noodles and set aside.
- Add basil, hemp seeds, walnuts, olive oil, date, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and water to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pesto sauce over the zucchini noodles and toss until coated.
- Divide the pesto zoodles between two pasta bowls and top with sliced cherry tomatoes.
Raw Pesto Zoodles Review
I adapted this recipe from the Medical Medium Thyroid Healing book by Anthony Williams. The author is a bit 'out there' – his claims are not science-based. But he presents some interesting theories about viruses and his dietary recommendations align with a plant-based lifestyle. He also shares delicious recipes.
If you make these zoodles please share your thoughts in the comments below. Did you or would you do anything differently?
About Test Kitchen Recipes:
Developing a recipe, taking photos, editing photos, writing and editing posts takes many hours. In order to share new recipes with you more often, I have added a new section to my blog. The Test Kitchen features recipes I am still tweaking or simply have not had time to photograph or write about in detail. As such, if you try any of these recipes, I would especially appreciate hearing your comments, questions or suggestions as I continue to fine-tune the content.
Note: This page contains affiliate links. Veggie Primer may earn a commission if you use the links. I only recommend items/brands I use and trust.