This delicious roasted garlic toast allows you to avoid butter, oil or other high-fat or high-sugar toppings without feeling deprived.
Roasted Garlic Toast
- 1 bulb garlic - or more if needed
- sprouted grain or gluten-free bread (I use Food for Life)
- Preheat toaster oven to 375°F.
- Remove the outermost layers of skin on the garlic bulb.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the very top of the bulb to expose cloves.
- Place bulb face-down on a parchment baking paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, turn bulbs over and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until soft.
- Allow the bulb to cool, then squeeze roasted cloves into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Toast slice(s) of bread to desired darkness.
- Spread one roasted garlic clove on each slice.
Roasted Garlic Toast Review
Roasted garlic is milder than raw garlic and worth keeping on hand. You can use it as a spread – like this recipe – or you can add it to dips, dressings, and more.
If you make this toast, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Did you or would you do anything differently?
About Test Kitchen Recipes:
Developing a recipe, taking photos, editing photos, writing and editing posts takes many hours. In order to share new recipes with you more often, I have added a new section to my blog. The Test Kitchen features recipes I am still tweaking or simply have not had time to photograph or write about in detail. As such, if you try any of these recipes, I would especially appreciate hearing your comments, questions or suggestions as I continue to fine-tune the content.