This Instant Pot® Bombay Potatoes recipe makes a hearty, healthy, low-fat meal. Serve it over baby kale, spinach or arugula to get your greens.
Instant Pot® Bombay Potatoes over Kale
- Instant Pot®
- 1½ cups dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 large potatoes - diced - no need to peel (I prefer Yukon Gold)
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups water - plus more for soaking chickpeas
- 1 large onion - diced (red or yellow)
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 inches fresh ginger root - grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan cooking salt
- 1½ cup raisins
- 6 cups baby kale - chopped
- Cover dry chickpeas with water and soak for at least 6 hours (ideally overnight), then drain and rinse.
- Add chickpeas, 2 cups of water, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and salt to Instant Pot® and stir to mix.
- Close the lid and make sure the pressure release valve is in the sealed position.
- Press the 'Manual' button and adjust the cooking time to 35 minutes.
- When the alarm indicates the cooking cycle is complete, press 'Cancel' to turn off the warming mode and allow pressure to release naturally (30 to 40 minutes).
- Once pressure is released, open the Instant Pot® and stir in the raisins.
- Serve Bombay Potatoes over a bed of chopped baby kale.
Instant Pot® Bombay Potatoes Review
Tasty Bite® microwavable meals inspired me to create my own version of Bombay Potatoes. I’m still tweaking the details and would value your feedback.
If you make this dish, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Any suggestions?
About Test Kitchen Recipes:
Developing a recipe, taking photos, editing photos, writing and editing posts takes many hours. In order to share new recipes with you more often, I have added a new section to my blog. The Test Kitchen features recipes I am still tweaking or simply have not had time to photograph or write about in detail. As such, if you try any of these recipes, I would especially appreciate hearing your comments, questions or suggestions as I continue to fine-tune the content.