Using a large tortilla as a pizza crust makes this Quick Vegan Portobello Pizza recipe a snap to prepare. Use a gluten-free tortilla for gluten-free pizza.
Tortillas make great pizza crusts. The trick is to use a pizza screen so the crust becomes nice and crispy. You won’t believe how fast you can throw a pizza together – including this Quick Vegan Portobello Pizza.
A Few Make Ahead Ingredients
This simple recipe requires just a few ingredients:
- Large tortilla
- Vegan Parmesan Hummus
- Portobello mushrooms
- Kalamata olives
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
As soon as I developed the Vegan Parmesan Hummus recipe, I knew it would make a great pizza topping. The cheesy garlicky flavor more than satisfies. It also pairs nicely with the earthy taste of Portobello mushrooms and peppery arugula.
Quick Vegan Portobello Pizza
- Preheat toaster oven to 400 degrees. (Use convection pizza setting, if it’s an option.)
- Place the tortilla on a pizza screen.
- Spread hummus over the tortilla – to within ½ inch of the edge.
- Top with arugula, onion, mushrooms and olive slices.
- Sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- Place pizza screen on the center rack of the toaster oven and bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the tortilla appear brown and crispy.
- Slide cooked pizza from screen onto a cutting board. Slice with a pizza cutter and enjoy!