Can't decide which kind of fries you like best? You don't have to! These simple oven-baked mixed potato fries combine savory Yukon Gold potatoes with yummy sweet potatoes.
Oven-Baked Mixed Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan cooking salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry. Use a sharp knife to slice into ½ to ¾ inch thick fries. (Leave the skin on)
- Combined sliced potatoes, olive oil, dried thyme, salt and paper in a 1-gallon plastic bag. Twist the top closed and shake and massage ingredients until the potatoes are evenly coated
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment baking paper-lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, turn and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are brown on edges and cooked through
Oven-Baked Mixed Potato Fries Review
If you are trying to avoid processed oils, you can omit or reduce the amount of olive oil. But, I find it adds extra flavor and crispiness.
If you make these fries, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Did you or would you do anything differently?
About Test Kitchen Recipes:
Developing a recipe, taking photos, editing photos, writing and editing posts takes many hours. In order to share new recipes with you more often, I have added a new section to my blog. The Test Kitchen features recipes I am still tweaking or simply have not had time to photograph or write about in detail. As such, if you try any of these recipes, I would especially appreciate hearing your comments, questions or suggestions as I continue to fine-tune the content.