Week 6 of my 2020 Plant-Based Meal Plan series – including breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner – featuring recipes from Dr. Greger's How Not To Die Cookbook.
This week we are taking a slightly different approach. Nearly all of the recipes are from Dr. Greger's How Not To Die Cookbook. I have provided links to recipes that are available on his website, but some of them are only available in the book.
As mentioned in previous posts, my husband has agreed to go entirely plant-based for the month of February and we have created a free workshop to share the experience. So, this is the meal plan Chris began on February 1.
In addition to Chris posting comments on each meal, I am sharing how I tweak or adjust recipes to meet our needs. I encourage you to enroll in Watch Chris Go Plant-Based if you would like to see this information.
Week 6 Grocery List
I’ve gone over the ingredients for every recipe in this week’s plan and made a grocery list. It includes quantities when appropriate, so you can compare it to what you may already have on hand.
Dr. Greger shares a number of tasty breakfast options in the cookbook. His Morning Grain Bowls sound particularly interesting. But Chris and I are pretty set in our breakfast routine. He eats oatmeal with fruit every morning and I eat oatmeal or porridge with various toppings.
Find what works best for you. ?
I enjoy dessert once or twice a week – usually over the weekend. This week I plan to make:
- Baked Apple Crumbles
Week 6 Day 1 Menu
- Kale and White Bean Soup
- Sloppy Jacks
- Apple or pear slices
Week 6 Day 2 Menu
- Leftover Chickpea and Vegetable Tagine
- Dried Mango Slices
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Black Bean Burgers
Week 6 Day 3 Menu
- Leftover Kale and Whitebean Soup and Sloppy Jacks
- Banana or orange slices
- Arugula Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
Week 6 Day 4 Menu
- Leftover Curried Cauliflower Soup and Black Bean Burgers
- Zucchini Noodle with Avocado-Cashew Alfredo
Week 6 Day 5 Menu
- Leftover Arugula Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- Apple or pear slices
- Moroccan Lentil Soup
- Curried Chickpea Wrap
Week 6 Day 6 Menu
- Leftover Zucchini Noodles with Avocado-Cashew Alfredo
- Dried mango slices
- Cauliflower Steaks with Chermoula Sauce
- Garlic Greens over brown rice
Week 6 Day 7 Menu
- Leftover Moroccan Lentil Soup and Curried Chickpea Wrap
- Grapes or orange slices
- Super Salad with Garlic Caesar Dressing and steamed tempeh
Week 6 Meal Plan Overview
Here’s a quick overview of this week’s plan:
I hope you found this meal plan helpful. Again, if you would like to see the plan in action - including adjustments to recipes - I encourage you to visit Watch Chris Go Plant-Based.