If you like the combined flavors of chocolate and raspberry (who doesn’t?) you are going to love this chocolate raspberry smoothie recipe. It reminds me of a dark chocolate cake with raspberry filling – but with the creamy texture of a shake. However, while the flavor suggests a decadent dessert, this smoothie is made with healthy ingredients – including some dark leafy greens you would never guess were there!
Satisfy Chocolate Cravings
I enjoy variations of this chocolate raspberry smoothie recipe when I need a chocolate fix. It satisfies my chocolate cravings while providing some healthy nutrients. Sometimes I’ll use baby kale instead of baby spinach and swap out the walnuts for almonds or some other kind of seed or nut…
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 cup plant milk (I used organic fortified rice milk)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ⅔ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. dark cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender in the order they are listed.
- Begin blending on low and increase to highest speed.
- Blend on high for approximately 30 seconds.
Note: I do not include nutrition information with my recipes because I subscribe to the theories presented in the book Whole and believe we should focus on eating a variety of whole foods instead of counting calories or keeping track of individual nutrients.
I welcome questions and comments!