Basic Vegan Breakfast Smoothie Formula
This vegan breakfast smoothie formula offers enough variety for a different twist each morning!
- 1 cup plant-based milk (or water)
- 1 small banana (or a handful of chopped mango and 1 or 2 pitted Medjool dates)
- 1 cup fresh dark leafy greens (or 1/2 cup frozen spinach, kale, swiss chard or collard greens)
- 1 cup frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, mixed berries, cherries, pineapple, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. nuts or seeds (hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, etc.)
Place ingredients into a high-powered blender in the order they are listed.
Begin blending on lowest setting and slowly turn up to highest setting.
Blend on high for approximately 30 seconds.
Flax seeds and chia seeds can act as a thickening agent, so you may wish to use slightly less than a tablespoon when adding these ingredients to your smoothie – unless you prefer thicker smoothies.
Experiment with different ingredient combinations to discover your favorites!