Rice Cooker Pasta and Veggies
This rice cooker pasta and veggies recipe is a tasty vegan and gluten free version of American Goulash made with minimal effort and simple ingredients.
- 48 oz pasta sauce (I use 2 24 oz. jars of Barilla Tomato and Basil)
- 16 oz gluten-free pasta (I use Tinkyáda)
- 16-20 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen cut leaf spinach
- 3 cups water
- vegan Parmesan cheese to taste - see recipe.
Thaw frozen veggies ahead of time or microwave 4-6 minutes on high until no longer frozen. (Stir at least once during microwaving.)
Add pasta sauce, pasta, thawed veggies and water to rice cooker and stir to mix.
Close rice cooker and cook on white rice setting.
Midway through cooking (after about 20 minutes) carefully open rice cooker and stir pasta. Close cooker and allow cooking to continue.
When cooking is complete stir pasta to mix, then spoon into pasta bowls.
Sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe was made in a 20 cup rice cooker.