Vegan Eggnog with Cinnamon Whiskey
This creamy, sweet and spicy plant-based recipe is just as tasty as the real thing!
- 2 cups water plus additional water for soaking dates and cashews
- 14 oz full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8 Medjool dates pitted (to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup to taste
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt (heaping)
- 1/8 tsp. tumeric
- 4 shots cinnamon whiskey optional
Soak cashews and dates in warm water for at least 4 hours - preferably overnight.
Drain cashews and dates and place in a high-speed blender with remaining ingredients (except cinnamon whiskey).
Begin blending on lowest setting and slowly turn up to highest setting.
Blend on high for approximately 1-2 minute or until fully blended and creamy.
Chill at least one hour before serving.
Add a shot of cinnamon whiskey to each glass when serving if desired.
Adjust the amount of dates and maple syrup to achieve your preferred level of sweetness.
Recipe makes between 5 and 6 cups.
Prep time does not include the time it takes to soak the nuts and dates.