Give this easy steamed broccoli recipe a try. Fresh lemon zest and lemon juice add the right amount of zing to this healthy side dish.
You will need the following items to make this recipe:
Steamed Broccoli with Lemon
- Steamer Basket
- 6 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 medium organic lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan cooking salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Use a Microplane grater to zest lemon peel into a small bowl
- Then use a citrus squeezer to add strained lemon juice to the bowl and set aside
- Place the steamer basket in a pot filled with 1 cup of water - adjust the amount of water as necessary so the water sits just below the bottom of the steamer basket
- Add frozen broccoli florets to the steamer basket and cover the pot
- Turn stove burner on high and set a kitchen timer for 15 minutes
- Turn temp down to medium-low and shift cover to allow a small amount of steam to escape once the water begins to boil (after about 5 minutes)
- Continue to steam for 10 minutes or until the kitchen timer goes off.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl and toss with lemon zest/juice and salt and pepper and cover until ready to serve.
Steamed Broccoli with Lemon Review
I usually toss this recipe together without measuring the ingredients. You can adjust the amount of broccoli as needed. If you make this side dish, I encourage you to share your insights in the comments below so I can continue to fine-tune the instructions. I also appreciate any questions. Thanks!
About Test Kitchen Recipes:
Developing a recipe, taking photos, editing photos, writing and editing posts takes many hours. In order to share new recipes with you more often, I have added a new section to my blog. The Test Kitchen features recipes I am still tweaking or simply have not had time to photograph or write about in detail. As such, if you try any of these recipes, I would especially appreciate hearing your comments, questions or suggestions as I continue to fine-tune the content.
Note: This page contains affiliate links. Veggie Primer may earn a commission if you use the links. I only recommend items/brands I use and trust.