Here's a recipe-in-the-works for Instant Pot® Spinach Dal – a tasty low-fat plant-based meal.
Instant Pot® Spinach Dal
- Instant Pot® Pressure Cooker
- 1 large onion - (red or yellow), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 cups frozen spinach - (cut-leaf)
- 1.5 cups yellow split peas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan cooking salt
- 3 cups water
- Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker and stir to mix
- Close lid on Instant Pot® and make sure the pressure release valve is in the sealed position
- Press the 'Manual' button and adjust the cooking time to 18 minutes
- When the alarm indicates the cooking cycle is complete, press 'Cancel' to turn off the warming mode and allow pressure to release naturally (30 to 40 minutes)
- Once pressure is released, open the pressure cooker and stir the mixture with a large spoon – using the back of the spoon to mash the tomatoes
Instant Pot® Spinach Dal Review
Tasty Bite® microwavable meals inspired me to search for an Instant Pot® version of Spinach Dal. I adapted this recipe from one I found on Flavorrd.com. I'm still tweaking the details and would value your feedback. If you make this dish, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Any suggestions?
About Test Kitchen Recipes:
Developing a recipe, taking photos, editing photos, writing and editing posts takes many hours. In order to share new recipes with you more often, I have added a new section to my blog. The Test Kitchen features recipes I am still tweaking or simply have not had time to photograph or write about in detail. As such, if you try any of these recipes, I would especially appreciate hearing your comments, questions or suggestions as I continue to fine-tune the content.